Why choose Bancroft Feldman Plastic Surgery for Injectable Fillers:
The versatility, convenience, results and affordability of injectable dermal fillers make them exceedingly popular and accessible. Today's dermal fillers are safe and effective, with millions of patients using them annually. Despite their popularity, there are still questions about these treatments.
What do dermal fillers do?
As we age, our skin loses fat, collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid. These elements are what comprise our facial volume and support. The bony structure and muscles also lose volume; over time, we start to see formation of lines, wrinkles and folds, showing the visible signs of aging.
Fillers revitalize and enhance facial features for a variety of treatment needs:
- Smoothing away wrinkles and folds around the mouth and nose
- Plumping lips
- Softening and reducing facial lines
- Defining and restoring volume to the cheeks
- Shaping and contouring to remove visible signs of aging
Aren't all dermal fillers basically the same?
Not quite. Although dermal fillers are all injectable gels that add volume, they differ in ingredients, formulations, and viscosity that make them appropriate for different areas. Some dermal fillers resemble the body’s own hyaluronic acid, and are specifically designed to work within the different layers of the skin to replace or restore facial volume and improve the quality and integrity of your skin, while others are created to stimulate the body’s production of collagen.
What is the difference between wrinkle relaxers and dermal fillers?
Although dermal fillers and wrinkle relaxers (such as BOTOX® Cosmetic, Dysport or Xeomin) are both injectable treatments that are used to enhance your look by reducing the appearance of wrinkles, they work in very different ways. Wrinkle relaxers improve the appearance of wrinkles caused by animation by relaxing the underlying muscle; dermal fillers address volume loss and physically fill the wrinkles and shadows. Wrinkle relaxers and dermal fillers create the most beautiful outcomes when used in combination.
Who is a good candidate for a dermal filler treatment?
Most of the fillers we use are made from ingredients that occur in the body naturally and are an excellent treatment nearly anyone desiring a fresh, rejuvenated look or adding volume to the lips for a sexy, plump pout.
What happens to the dermal filler it wears off?
Our bones remodel throughout our lives and our facial shape and features evolve. Unlike permanent implants, dermal fillers are not meant to be permanent. Depending on the type of filler used, its placement, and patient lifestyle, results can last between several months to up to two years. The ingredients in dermal fillers gradually break down and filter out of the body through normal metabolic processes.
What type of filler is right for me?
Below are some of the most popular dermal fillers available in the United States. While they each have FDA approved indications, there are many off-label uses and despite their similarities, each has its own unique “feel”. At your consultation, your injector will be able to determine and recommend the appropriate products.
- Restylane® Lyft is approved for cheek augmentation and the correction of age-related midface contour deficiencies and treating moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds or marionette lines. It is a beautiful filler than renders soft, natural results yet sturdy enough to add volume and “lyft”.
- Restylane® can be used to add volume and fullness to the skin to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as the nasolabial folds (the lines from your nose to the corners of your mouth), tear troughs (the hollowing under the eyes) and also for lip enhancement.
- Restylane® Refyne and Restylane® Defyne are designed with XpresHAn Technology™ to help soften laugh lines and folds. It works differently than other HA fillers as it does not separate in the tissue but rather integrates into the tissue, restoring a natural look to your face while maintaining your facial expressions without ever being able to detect the product once injected. We really like this in the lips and nasolabial folds.
- Restylane® Silk is the first FDA-approved product specifically designed for lip augmentation and the smoothing of wrinkles around the mouth. This filler is for smoker’s lines or those that do not want significant volume but desire an improvement in lip creases; reminiscent of the smooth hydrated-looking lips of your youth.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC injectable gel is for deep injection in the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss. Results may last up to 2 years!
- JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC injectable gel is for injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial folds (such as nasolabial folds).
- JUVÉDERM® XC injectable gel is for injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial folds (such as nasolabial folds) and is also appropriate for those desiring a bit of volume for a slight pout. • JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC is for injection into the lips and perioral area for lip augmentation. and is a fabulous option for those needing to pump up the volume!
- JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC injectable gel is for injection into the lips for lip augmentation and for correction of perioral lines (smoker’s lines).
- Sculptra® Aesthetic uses poly-L lactic acid and stimulates collagen formation while restoring volume. Multiple treatments are required in 3-4 week intervals for optimal results. Over time, the poly-L lactic acid is metabolized and flushed out of the body leaving behind new collagen. This is an excellent option for the discriminate patient that prefers to attribute his/her youth to genetics! Because your results are gradual with subtle correction at each treatment interval –your secret is safe!
- Radiesse+® is synthetic calcium hydroxylapatite. Like Sculptra®, Radiesse+® also stimulates collagen production. Radiesse+® is a diverse filler as it may be injected into multiple facial regions in order to ameliorate or enhance your features. It can be used in glabellar lines, subdermally for brow support, malar and buccal fat pads, nasolabial folds, nose, lips, perioral region, marionette lines, oral commisures and chin, as well as saucerized acne scars, and is FDA approved for the rejuvenation of hands. This is a great filler to blend in conjunction with any HA filler when both tissue support and volume are required.
Can I combine a dermal filler treatment with another procedure?
Absolutely! At Bancroft Feldman Plastic Surgery, we often provide individualized treatment plans and an approach that combines and blends products specific to your goals and anatomy resolving aesthetic concerns with a natural, realistic result.
How can I make my results last as long as possible?
Although dermal fillers aren't permanent, they can provide many months of noticeable improvement. The longevity of a dermal filler treatment is highly dependent on the type of filler administered, as well as your own unique anatomy. Following your injector’s recommendations for post treatment care and returning to your two-week follow-up appointment will help achieve the best outcome.
An informed patient has the best outcomes! Bancroft Feldman Plastic Surgery not only welcomes but encourages you to ask any and all questions about a treatment you are considering. If you have an unanswered question, do not hesitate to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our office at 281.313.0540.