Helpful Instructions for Out-of-Town Patients
For our out of town (more than 2 hours driving time) patients having procedures performed in the hospital or in our office:
- If you are not staying overnight at the hospital after surgery, please arrange to stay at a local hotel or residence the first night. Should an emergency occur or you should need to be seen by your doctor, it would facilitate quicker access to you.
- When discharged, our, and hospital policy requires you have an adult pick you up, and stay with you for 24 hours after surgery. We encourage you to have a family member or friend stay with you. However, if you are traveling alone, please notify our staff in advance and a visiting nurse will be arranged to stay with you and assist in your recovery for a nominal fee.
- Medications are required after surgery. Prescriptions will be submitted electronically to your local pharmacy and discussed with you during your pre-operative appointment. You should begin taking the antibiotic the night before surgery. Also purchase an over the counter laxative.
- When making your hotel reservation, inquire if they have room service or kitchenette. If you choose to stay in a hotel that does not offer room service, please download food delivery apps (Uber Eats, GrubHub, DoorDash, etc.) and setup account/username before your surgery.
- For your convenience, bring easy to slip on/off comfortable clothing. A button up blouse/shirt is recommended.
- In case of emergency make sure you leave a contact number with our office and with the hospital nurse, if applicable.
- If you follow the above recommendations and have everything prepared in advance, your trip and surgery with Bancroft Feldman Plastic Surgery will be a pleasant, and positive experience.